Thursday, November 15, 2012

Here Comes Santa Claus!

Hello it is almost Friday!!!  Yippeee anyone else ready for the weekend?  I sure am and I am lucky enough to have next week off work.  I see a week filled of stamping baking, eating some turkey and most importantly spending time with the family!!

So today I have a card I made for Flourishes Be Progressive challenge.  It is a four part challenge that includes a sketch, monochromatic color scheme, patterned paper and some sparkle.  How cool is that!!!  I loved this challenge as it was different and I used one of my favorite new stamp sets (Dear Santa) from Flourishes.  You can find all the details for the challenge here.  There still is some time to play, but not much so if you are interested head over right away and check it out.
Here is my card.
The paper is Basic Grey's Jovial.  Check out the Spellbinders snowflake pendant.  Isn't it awesome!!! I love it I got it a few weeks ago and hadn't opened it, I am sorry I hadn't sooner as I love it!  I will be using it often.  I colored the image with copics.  I realize that this is not totally monochromatic, I did slip in a little green and yellow.  Hopefully that will be okay.  Thank you for stopping by.
Brenda

7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a challenge, Brenda, and you nailed it! Your card is perfect, and I love your new snowflake. Can't wait to see what else you make with it, especially with all of next week off work-yippee! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just so cute! I love the layered medallions as the backdrop for the santa hat! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Flourishes Brenda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly did a wonderful job with a quadruple challenge! Love your design, image & coloring, papers & die cuts! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the santa hat, so fun...and the snowflake die is wonderful! Great card! Thanks so much for playing with Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We finally got those snowflake dies back in stock! I hear you got the only one we had (lol) and it didn't even make it out on the floor, sounds like you have some connections!!! LOVE the coloring of the hat, your card is cute, Brenda. Hey, it's been sooo long since I've seen you, enjoy your week off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, especially love those snowflakes. Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how stinkin CUTE is this! Darling Christmas card. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Progressive Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, thank you.